Wednesday 22 May 2013

A Marocain Bathroom



Arabian Nights

When I was a little girl I used to sit by Fajko's side ( my grandmothers oldest brother) and listen to him, while he was telling me and my little sister enchanting stories of The Old. 
I remember sitting so close to him that I could almost touch the words,
 that so softly embraced his lips. How I loved  the sound of his whispering voice telling the stories,
 while I was dreaming away, 
being swept away -

 Into depths and heights of neverending stories, 
while watching the sun go down outside the window,
into beautiful, glimmering shades of
 warmth, which carefully filled the room
with soft and tender serenity. Almost whispering,
promising - of a sweet tomorrow.
And I remember thinking this is how heaven must feel like...
I loved hearing about the adventures of Scheherazade from Arabian Nights. 
I remember it to be one of my favourites
with its distant time in a distant place,
in a land that I might never see, but yet had fallen inlove with, at that age of 10....

What was your first heavenly encounter
and
what stories stole your heart away...?


And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest."
~ Exodus 33 :14  ~

Love Jasmina



No comments:

Post a Comment