Saturday 9 August 2014


The Reply

The other night I found myself a bit restless,
could not quite settle down with my thoughts,
with my fears and my soul,
that just could not be comforted.

So I asked Christ within my heart:
'Who shall comfort me?
To whom shall I go with this heart of mine -
to console and to quiet, 
in the hour of need?

And then it happened. A gentle voice as if beside my bed, replied:

Parakletos
  

 


What an odd word I thought to myself, I wonder what It could mean.
And the translation I found, was this:

Your god who comforts
and that made me lose my breath, smiles.

Sleep tight pretty hearts!

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful word indeed!! There is nothing more comforting than God!! Every soul who feels restless and carries the burden of worries in their minds need to pray and feel closer to God, for He comforts and takes away all our worries!! :)

    All the Best Mina,
    God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete