Sunday 6 October 2013

My Dad, my sister and me, at the age of 9 and 5.
I Used To Race, I Used To Hurry

I used to race, I used to hurry,
I used to fret and frown and worry,
My children thought they had new names–
“Hurry Up” and “We’re Gonna Be Late”!

Even when we were at home–
Laundry, cleaning, answering phone…
I never had the extra time
To sit and cherish these children of mine.
 



But in His grace the Lord broke through 
My sister and I making a little snowman
And I saw everything anew.
We have but only a few days here
To love and share and pull them near.
 

And while there’re things that must be done,
Our lives are like the setting sun.
While it's light is burning bright, 
 
Before we face, alone, the night,
Let’s stop the madness of this race–
Let’s take back a slower pace!    
Look into those grinning faces,
 



  Plan your day with lots of spaces,
Grab a hand and take a walk, 
Listen while your children talk,
Let them show you childhood things, 
 
Take turns laughing on the swing,
Snuggle up beside the fire,
Kiss the hurt left by a brier,
Meet them with a morning smile,
Go out and fish a little while.   

Choose carefully how you spend your time.
Don't wait until you sunddenly find
The wrenching grief of a heart that aches 

.....Who loved to little and found too late... 

~Kelly Crawford~

Have A Beautiful Evening
With Love Jasmina

No comments:

Post a Comment