Wednesday 19 March 2014

With None To Greet
 
Today is one of those days, when I have much on my mind, that needs to be still, that needs its daily comfort and rest.
How I wish my beloved was here, to hold me in his arms, to quiet me with his gentle love?

But for now he is still working in Germany, and I long for his return. I await it, I await, as I always do, for him to come back. To faithfully come back to me. 

The hours can seem so long when you are all alone,
with none to welcome, with none to greet.
But yesterday evening while I was sleeping, he surprised with a text message :

 'Sleep tight my beautiful, my most wonderful...' 
and my heart skipped a beat....

I wonder how he does that, after 11 years?
How he steals my heart away, with only the thought of him.
I wonder...
I wonder about many things, as I a sit here and share my heart with you....

What's on your pretty hearts today...?

With Love Jasmina
 










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem on the emotion of missing the presence of your loved one next to you! When two people love each other in complete friendship, trust and faith, their love remains the same for the rest of their lives! :)

    With the advancements in technology, I guess you can always keep in touch with your loved one - whereas things were so different for the previous generations who used to survive on hand-written letters and information from travellers.

    Distance would only remind us how precious the bond is and how treasured the love is, so may be it is God's way of letting us understand and appreciate the gifts in our lives even more! :)

    Take care,
    God Bless,
    Charan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charan for your encouraging and wise thoughts. I am glad to hear from you again :) with love Jasmina

    ReplyDelete