Friday 8 June 2012


One Glance of Your Eyes

Sometimes I find my thoughts running, stumbling and eventually falling, into places of great distress. My heart is pounding, hurting and restless, but yet I keep running, running so fast, until I no longer see the beauty of Your face. 
   The face that I love so dearly, but dare not let comfort me and bear not to look into.

So instead I keep crawling, pushing, stretching forward in the mist; overwhelmed by coldness, deeply surrounded by darkness. Loneliness is also starting to creep in…
  
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me,
    so far from my cries of anguish?”

But then You do something so special, which I not yet, have come to fully understand:

“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?”

You come in and enter my mist of disappointment and distress, and You let Your eyes rest on me with love. A love so deep that I can not understand it, can not comprehended it and can not turn my back on it. You take the time from Your heavenly rest, to seek me, to find me and lift me up in Your arms.

Yes, I am still running in the wrong direction, because it hurts so much, but You wait on me. You give me time and You wait, and wait until I stop running and surrender, and once again, I am Yours, as I have always been. Because long time ago You indeed stole my heart, with only one glance of your loving eyes...

“Let your conduct be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.”

Blessings
Jasmina



No comments:

Post a Comment